Data Engineer for Chewy
If you are looking for a tremendous opportunity to grow professionally and to be a part of a dynamic and successful team this is the role for you!
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded technologist with a passion for building innovative business solutions with big data and Java technologies. Experience delivering big data solutions – from system setup to development to business solution delivery – is critical. Programming experience is also paramount. Data Engineer should be keeping up with the latest developments and should be able to connect technical capability with business need.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or Information Technology;
- 3 – 5 years of experience working with data warehouses (Vertica preferred);
- 3 – 5 years of experience writing software in any of the following programming language (Java, Python);
- Experience performing analytics to solve complex business problems
- 3 to 5 years of experience integrating data between operational; databases using data integration tools like Informatica, Datastage or SSIS;
- Expert level knowledge of data integration and familiarity with common data integration challenges like converting data types, handling errors, and translating between different technology stacks SQL expertise and the ability to work with many different database types including Postgres, SQL Server, and others as required;
- Able to work independently, own the requirements and deliverables, and produce an EDI solution end to end successfully;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable being accountable for work products.
We offer multiple benefits, that include:
- Challenging work in an international professional environment;
- The long-standing team as this is for a long term project;
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible work-from-home & remote work policy;
- Mastering the English language with a native speaker;
- 40-hour work week with flexible working hours;
- PE accounting and support;
- 20 paid vacation days per year;
- 14 paid sick days per year;
- Collaborative friendly team environment;
- Cozy fully equipped office space in the city center.
THE IDEAL FIT HAS:
- Experience designing analytic solutions in Vertica;
- Experience with AWS;
- Java front and backend;
- Experience in ecommerce or large volume transactional systems;
- Experience with statistical methods and operations research; techniques such as linear programming.
- Design analytic solutions for business users that provide the data needed to operate the business;
- Build data integration solutions that process mid-large volume transactions in real time and in batch using big data and Java technologies.
About the project:
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest-growing e-commerce retailers of all time. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience that’s fueled by superior customer care.
Headquartered in South Florida and Boston, the team of over 11,000 members-dispersed across customer service centers, corporate offices and fulfillment centers-dedicate themselves to delivering pet happiness nationwide.
Chewy’s environment is dynamic and faster than anything you’ve ever experienced, built for leaders who thrive on delivering results.
INTERESTED? LET'S GET IN TOUCH!
Leave the information about yourself, leave a link or upload the portfolio file and we will contact you soon!