Senior Java Engineer for Roku
We connect users to the streaming content people love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers
Develop and maintain Roku’s cutting edge advertising planning, delivery and insight products/solutions.
You’ll be working on the next generation of Roku’s DMM (Digital Marketing Management) platform based on a real-time bidding solution with high-load up to 3M QPS used by leading advertisers to manage their online ad campaigns across all media channels, device platforms, and advertising exchanges.
You’ll become part of a distributed team developing a product that is used by thousands of businesses worldwide.
Java 11, Concurrency, Scala, Big Data, Amazon AWS (EC2, Kinesis, Dynamo, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, Athena…), Aerospike, Avro, Netty, Tomcat, Apache Mina, Lucene
- Background in computer science or similar quantitative field;
- 5+ years professional software development experience;
- Expert Knowledge of Core Java;
- Experience developing high scale and high performance distributed systems;
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques, object-oriented programming, multi-threading and real-time programming;
- Product-focused mindset;
- Team-player with strong interpersonal skills;
- English — Upper-intermediate or above.
The ideal fit has
- Experience with cache optimization, distributed cache and NO SQL DB is a plus;
- Experience with Big Data and AWS services is a plus;
- Experience in the advertising domain a big plus.
We offer multiple benefits, that include:
- Challenging work in an international professional environment;
- The long-standing team as this is for a long term project;
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible work-from-home & remote work policy;
- Mastering the English language with a native speaker;
- 40-hour work week with flexible working hours;
- PE accounting and support;
- 20 paid vacation days per year;
- 14 paid sick days per year;
- Collaborative friendly team environment;
- Cozy fully equipped office space in the city center.
- Work with a highly skilled engineering team in all phases of the Agile development process from design to deployment;
- Design, develop, and maintain a high scale, high-performance real-time applications;
- Work with quality assurance, release engineering and product management to deliver quality software;
- Identify, design, and implement improvements to the current architecture. This may include: internal process improvements, automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, reducing cost, re-designing infrastructure for greater reliability, etc;
- Take your own initiative in the development process and working atmosphere improvements, be proactive in suggesting new vision and approaches to the platform development; anticipate in problems or issues solutions that may arise;
- Deliver constant value back to the business in a highly agile team approaching near-continuous deployment.
About the project:
Roku makes it easy to watch your favorite TV. All Roku devices provide easy access to free TV, live news, sports, movies, and more. It’s affordable to enjoy all your favorite content with no limits.
INTERESTED? LET'S GET IN TOUCH!
Leave the information about yourself, leave a link or upload the portfolio file and we will contact you soon!