Lead Python Engineer for Thrasio
We are looking for a Lead Python Engineer who will be a significant part of creating a data platform for a new product.
The mission of the technology team is to provide the super power infrastructure that enables Thras.io to operate the most efficient, innovative, and effective next generation consumer products company in the world. If you are interested in working with large data systems, applying data science and predictive analytics, or building powerful interfaces for internal business customers then you will find those opportunities at Thrasio.
- Proficiency with Python. Knowledge of Python internals (e.g., GIL) and advanced concepts (e.g., multiprocessing, asyncio). Experience with Python ecosystem: ORMs (e.g., sqlalchemy), web servers (e.g., Tornado), web/REST frameworks (e.g., fastAPI, Django);
- Understanding of basic computer science concepts: networking and network protocols, operating systems (e.g., threads/processes, IO), data structures and algorithms;
- Experience with building microservices and understanding of service-oriented architectures;
- Understanding of distributed systems, experience with designing services that interact with distributed systems (e.g., databases and message queues);
- Experience with relational and distributed databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, etc.), proficiency with SQL;
- Desire to lead the team ;
- Upper-Intermediate English.
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services;
- Experience with Kubernetes: understanding of its properties and concepts, being able to deploy applications on the Kubernetes cluster.
We offer multiple benefits, that include:
- Challenging work in an international professional environment;
- The long-standing team as this is for a long term project;
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible work-from-home & remote work policy;
- Mastering the English language with a native speaker;
- 40-hour work week with flexible working hours;
- PE accounting and support;
- 20 paid vacation days per year;
- 14 paid sick days per year;
- Collaborative friendly team environment;
- Cozy fully equipped office space in the city center.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits;
- Build microservices that interact with internal systems and third-party APIs/services;
- Ensuring the goals are met and ensuring the quality of the code via a standard code review process;
- Working according to scrum process: biweekly sprints, demos, retrospectives, planning meetings.
About the project:
Thrasio is one of the fastest-growing acquirers of Amazon third-party FBA brands. Amazon has become the most ubiquitous part of the modern shopping experience and our company is positioned to be a leader in this vibrant and evolving marketplace.
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic. Thrasio reaches $1B Valuation in July 2020, sets a new US speed record for Unicorns.
INTERESTED? LET'S GET IN TOUCH!
Leave the information about yourself, leave a link or upload the portfolio file and we will contact you soon!