About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Scala Engineer with Spark & ETL knowledge to develop the advertisement management platform with a world famous gif hosting, search, and content company (high-load, 16 Billion requests & corresponding media units served per day!!!).
About the project:
As part of the client’s ads serving and management system transformation effort, we are looking for a skilled team player to join our agile product team. This role is crucial in enhancing our systems and ensuring we stay at the forefront of technological developments.
As a valuable team member, you will have the opportunity to contribute to product development. Your expertise and input will be crucial in the ads management system’s successful acceptance by users, accelerating company business processes, and influencing relations with clients and investors.
Who are we looking for?
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or proven experience as an app developer.
- At least 4 years of experience with Scala.
- Experience with GRPC or REST.
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with Spark API (most desired), or Amazon EMR (Elastic Map Reduce), or similar solutions.
- Proficiency with Git or other code versioning tools.
- Performance optimization and debugging performance issues in Scala and integrations.
- Knowledge of CI/CD.
- Experience in collaboration with product managers and engineers being a part of distributed multicultural teams.
- Excellent English level.
- Excellent communication skills, Sense of humor, and interest in media and advertisement domains.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working on Ad Tech projects.
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Microservices, Kafka, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with functional programming languages, such as OCaml, Haskel, Clojure, and Erlang.
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features for the ad delivery and management platform.
- Maintain existing ad delivery systems and features, including upgrades and security patches.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks, performance issues, and other bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Collaborate with other teams as needed to ensure interoperability, stability, and code reusability.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours;
- Direct communication with C-levels;
- Collaborative, friendly team environment
- Hybrid work;
- Company equipment provision;
- Maternity and paternity leaves;
- Proxet Culture Club events;
- Company social events;
- Annual corporate parties;
- Comprehensive medical insurance and sports benefits;
- Mental health program with private consultations;
- Live webinar with therapists;
- Paid sick leaves;
- Allowances for professional education;
- English language courses with native speakers;
- Internal knowledge-sharing sessions.
Proxet is a professional software development firm trusted by clients from around the world. With our expertise in AI and machine learning, we help businesses reimagine their possibilities and transform ideas into tangible digital solutions. By providing core services with an emphasis on data practices, we shape the future, one step at a time.
If you’d like to join our Proxet Nation and work closely with high-level professionals and our engineers, fill in the form!
Work-from-home policy (fully remote option)
Insurance coverage and paid sick leaves
In-house English classes with native speaker
Trainings allowance based on eligibility conditions plus professional certification paid by the company
Proxet Ratings On Glassdoor
Culture & Values
Diversity & Inclusion
Compensation and Benefits
Interested? let's get in touch!
Tell us about yourself, then leave a link or upload your portfolio and we will get back to you soon!
Is your friend a good fit?
Invite them for an interview and get a referral bonus of up to $800!